The fashion industry is a seriously polluting industry whilst being socially damaging as well. EarthPositive is climate neutral clothing that has been created to inspire and implement solutions to combat the climate crisis we are currently experiencing and to improve garment workers conditions.
Most of our designs are printed on EarthPositive clothing
This means our shirts are made of 100% Organic Cotton which is harvested by hand. It is turned into a garment at carbon neutral manufacturing facilities in India and dyed using eco friendly dyes that are not harmful to the environment or the workers.
Designing and printing is done in the UK using eco friendly dyes.
EarthPositive under the loop
Follows Organic Fair Trade Practices:
- EarthPositive has a Soil Association licence that guarantees you their garments are following the Global Organic Textile Standard (G.O.T.S.). This protect farmers and field workers with stringent social criteria and no use of poisonous chemicals whilst using eco friendly practises in the fibre production, processing and manufacturing.
- They have specifically chosen to work in areas where organic cotton is planted and harvested by hand to be less reliant on fossil fuels.
- Their manufacturing facilities in India, warehouses and offices in London are all carbon neutral.
Being affiliated to the Fair Wear Foundation, they guarantee:
- No child labour
- No forced labour
- Safe and healthy working conditions
- Legal labour contracts
- Living wages
- Freedom of Association and the right to collective bargaining
- No discrimination against employees
- No excessive hours of work
Follows sustainable practises:
- To produce one t-shirt more than 20,000 litres of water can be used, which is why EarthPositive work in areas where 95% of the water used in the production comes from the monsoon rain.
- Their wastewater from the dying process is turned into clean water via treatment ponds, sand filtration and reverse osmosis.
- Packaging used is biodegradable PVC-free or 100% recycled cardboard boxes.
- They have a “No Airfreight” transportation policy.
You can read more about EarthPositive on their website.